Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019: The closing National Education Policy (NEP) was released in 1986 and modified in 1992. Since then, primary modifications had been observed inside the global and in our u. S., The training coverage had to be modified as in step with the present-day situation.
To make changes and put in force new coverage from number one, secondary & higher training, a committee turned into the installation (June 2017) to prepare a draft of a new National Education Policy, below the chairmanship of Dr. Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan. The committee handed over the draft of its new National Education Policy 2019 to the crucial authorities. To learn public opinion, MHRD has launched the draft to the public. Links to download PDF of Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019 are given at the end of this text.
However, the Central Government has not considered the committee’s recommendation wherein it has been suggested to make Hindi compulsory. After going through this newsletter, you may learn about the tips that the committee has cautioned for modifications in training. Here you will also find out about the changes cautioned through the committee concerning number one, secondary and better schooling.
- – The Draft National Education Policy, 2019 is constructed on the foundational pillars of Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, and Accountability
- – Renaming of MHRD as Ministry of Education (MoE)
- – Free and obligatory schooling from pre-school to 12th
- – An essential reconfiguration of curricular and pedagogical structure with Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) as a quintessential part of faculty training is proposed.
- – Extension of Right to Education Act 2009 to cowl youngsters of a while 3 to 18. – A five+three+three+four curricular and pedagogical structure based on cognitive and socio-emotional developmental degrees of youngsters:
- – Schools could be re-prepared into school complexes. It also seeks to lessen the content load inside the school schooling curriculum.
- It might be curricular.- There could be no hard separation of mastering areas in phrases of curricular, co-curricular, or extracurricular regions and all topics, inclusive of arts, track, crafts, sports activities, yoga, network carrier, and so on. It mIt promotes energetic pedagogy to the cognizance of center capacities and existence abilities, such as twenty-first-century abilities.
- – The Committee proposes a huge transformation in Teacher Education with the aid of shutting down sub-preferred teacher training establishments and transferring all teacher training/schooling programs into massive multidisciplinary universities/schools.
- – The 4- yr incorporated stage-precise B.Ed. The program will subsequently be the minimum diploma qualification for instructors.
- – In better schooling, a restructuring of higher training establishments with three varieties of better training establishments is proposed-
Type 1: Focused on international-elegance research and exquisite teaching;
Type 2: Focused on high-quality coaching throughout disciplines with a considerable contribution to investigate;
Type three: High-fine teaching targeted on undergraduate education.
- – This may be pushed by using Missions -Mission Nalanda & Mission Takshashila.
- – There might be re-structuring of Undergraduate applications (e.G. BSc, BA, BCom, BVoc) of 3 or four years and have more than one exit and entry option.
- – A new apex body Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog is proposed to allow a holistic and integrated implementation of all academic initiatives and programmatic interventions and coordinate efforts between the Centre and States.
- The National Research Foundation, an apex body, is proposed to develop strong studies subculture and construct studies capability throughout better education.
- – The four features of Standard placing, Funding, Accreditation, and Regulation to be separated and conducted with the aid of independent bodies: National Higher Education Regulatory Authority because of the most effective regulator for all higher education along with expert education.
- – Creation of accreditation eco-system led by way of remodeled NAAC; Professional Standard-Setting Bodies for every place of expert schooling and UGC to transform to Higher Education Grants Commission (HEGC).
- – The private and public institutions might be dealt with on par, and schooling will remain a ‘not for earnings’ pastime.
- – Several new policy projects for selling the internationalization of higher schooling, strengthening quality open and distance mastering, generation integration at all degrees of training, person and lifelong getting to know and projects to enhance participation of underrepresented businesses, and get rid of gender, social class and nearby gaps in schooling