Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019: The remaining National Education Policy (NEP) was launched in 1986 and modified in 1992. Since then, predominant modifications have been determined inside the global and in our u. S., The training policy had to be modified as per the contemporary scenario.
To make changes and effect new coverage from primary, secondary & higher education, a committee was set up (June 2017) to prepare a draft of a brand new National Education Policy, beneath the chairmanship of Dr. Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan. The committee passed over the draft of its new National Education Policy 2019 to the primary authorities. To examine public opinion, MHRD has released the draft to the public. Links to download PDF of Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019 is given at the quit of this text.
However, the Central Government has not considered the committee’s recommendation in which it’s been cautioned to make Hindi compulsory. After going via this text, you’ll find out about the guidelines that the committee has advised for changes in training. Here you may also find out about the changes counseled by way of the committee regarding number one, secondary and higher training. Some essential features, hints & guidelines from Draft National Education Policy 2019:
– The Draft National Education Policy, 2019 is constructed on the foundational pillars of Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, and Accountability
– Renaming of MHRD as Ministry of Education (MoE)
– Free and compulsory schooling from pre-school to twelfth
– An important reconfiguration of curricular and pedagogical shape with Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) as an integral part of faculty training is proposed.
– Extension of Right to Education Act 2009 to cover children of a while 3 to 18. – A 5+three+3+4 curricular and pedagogical structure primarily based on cognitive and socio-emotional developmental ranges of kids:
- – Schools can be re-prepared into faculty complexes. It also seeks to lessen the content material load within the faculty education curriculum.
- It might be curricular. There will be no hard separation of getting to know areas in curricular, co-curricular, or extracurricular areas and all topics, including arts, music, crafts, sports, yoga, community service, and many others. It mIt promotes lively pedagogy to raise awareness of the improvement of core capacities: and existence skills, including twenty-first-century competencies.
- – The Committee proposes a huge transformation in Teacher Education via shutting down sub-well-known trainer training institutions and moving all instructor coaching/education programs into massive multidisciplinary universities/colleges.
- – The 4- year incorporated stage-unique B.Ed. The program will subsequently be the minimal degree qualification for instructors.
- – In higher training, a restructuring of higher schooling institutions with three styles of higher training institutions is proposed-
Type 1: Focused on global-elegance research and brilliant teaching;
Type 2: Focused on tremendous coaching across disciplines with a vast contribution to investigate;
Type three: High-exceptional coaching centered on undergraduate education.
- – This will be driven via Missions -Mission Nalanda & Mission Takshashila.
- – There will be re-structuring of Undergraduate programs (e.G. BSc, BA, BCom, BVoc) of 3 or four years duration and having a couple of exits and entry options.
- A new apex body Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog proposes to permit a holistic and included implementation of all instructional projects and programmatic interventions and coordinate efforts among the Centre and States.
- The National Research Foundation, an apex body, is proposed to develop robust research culture and construct studies’ ability throughout better schooling.
- – The 4 functions of Standard putting, Funding, Accreditation, and Regulation to be separated and performed via unbiased bodies: National Higher Education Regulatory Authority because of the only regulator for all better training inclusive of expert training.
- – Creation of accreditation eco-machine led via revamped NAAC; Professional Standard-Setting Bodies for each location of expert education and UGC to transform to Higher Education Grants Commission (HEGC).
- – The non-public and public establishments may be treated on par, and education will continue to be a ‘now not for profit’ pastime.
- – Several new policy initiatives for selling the internationalization of higher education, strengthening nice open and distance studying, technology integration in any respect stages of education, person and lifetime getting to know and initiatives to decorate participation of underrepresented agencies, and take away gender, social category, and local gaps in schooling
effects are recommended.
- – Promotion of Indian and Classical Languages and putting in place 3 new National Institutes for Pali, Persian, and Prakrit, and an Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation (III) has been recommended.
- The path-breaking reforms endorsed will bring about a paradigm shift by equipping our students, instructors, and educational institutions with the proper talents and abilities and creating an allowing and reinvigorated educational eco-gadget for a colorful new India.